[blparent] Gift Suggestions for a 9-year-old?

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Nov 11 04:19:29 UTC 2010

Oh, I love it, can I play? v

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:24 PM
To: NFBnet Blind Parents Mailing List
Subject: Re: [blparent] Gift Suggestions for a 9-year-old?

I have been playing a game with my kids -- they are both sighted, and
I am blind.  They are 7 and 8 so near yours.  It is called
headbands.  Each of you puts on a headband and there is a slot to
hold a card in the front.  You put a card up there, so everyone else
can see it -- but you can't.  Each card has a picture of an animal or
object.  Each of my kids whispers in my ear, what is on the other
kids card.  You then take turns guessing what is on your card, you
can ask questions like, is it alive, is it made of metal, etc., then
you guess.  There is an hour-glass type timer that you turn for each
person so you can get a few questions in.

As long as you have an odd number of people, sighted and blind can
play, and I didn't have to mark or anything.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920

nn.net