[blparent] feeding baby food,

Brandy W branlw at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 20:49:33 UTC 2010

I've struggled a bit with this myself and here are the things that have helped me. First I got a kidopotamus rubber bib with a large pocket that actually stays open unlike the more flimsy plastic ones. Then I got the smallest spoon I could find which for me was a Tupperware discontinued spoon that comes in a case, but has a long handle. Then I add cereal to everything I feed her if it isn't already semi thick. I'm very careful not to mound the spoon because if I do then some ends up in the mouth, and more around their mouth and down their front. I hold the spoon pretty close to the neck of the spoon so I can use my pinky under the spoon to find the mouth of the baby. Most of the time I do fine knowing where to go but if the baby turns their head my pinky figures this out not the spoon of food. I go in the mouth slightly at a downward angle so when I pull out the spoon is going upward. Last I try to be face to face with the baby so it is easy to go straight at them and easy to interact. My favorite way is to put the baby in the bumbo chair with tray, and put them on the counter. O is it a mess!, but with time I've gotten much better. Good luck! Bran

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." -- Dr. Seuss
Brandy Wojcik
Discovery Toys Educational Consultant and Team Leader
www.playtoachieve.com
Phone: 512) 689-5045
Ask me about:
*How you can do what I do and earn money sharing educational toys with the ones you love,
*How to earn free Discovery Toys products while having fun with friends,
Order a gift basket for any age