[blparent] Still at this age

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sat Oct 16 04:47:59 UTC 2010

I am always telling Gab to walk next to me or next to my husband and I when
we are out.  Well last Sunday we were running a few errands before her
birthday party and as we came out of Walgreen's my daughter stepped right
off the curb into the parking lot.  She was busy playing hopscotch on the
cross walk.  All of a sudden my husband yelled at her, "watch out."  My
heart stopped and so did a truck that came around the corner of the
building.   As I stood, wondering what happened and wanting to cry, my
husband was asking Gab what the heck she thought she was doing.  She just
stood there and cried.  I have mixed emotions over this, yes I think he
should of yelled at her and yes I just wanted to hug her since no harm was
done.   Still at this age you have to keep reminding them, look both ways,
check for cars, keep alert.  That goes to show, she is still just a little
kid. V