[blparent] feeding issue

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 18 17:41:51 UTC 2010

Hi all.  I've run into a problem with feeding Michael and need some help.
When my sighted husband feeds him, he'll take the spoon right in. When I
feed him, he's gotten to the point where he absolutely refuses the spoon.
He jerks his head away even when I use my left hand to find his mouth.  Part
of me feels that he needs to just get over it and the other part doesn't
want him to hate feedings if he's too frustrated.  Having a sighted person
in here to feed him every time isn't the answer either. I've fed Michael
from two positions, from the side and facing him. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Leslie