[blparent] feeding issue

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Oct 20 19:26:27 UTC 2010

To the new mom that asked if feeding would always be an issue, the
answer is yes, if you let it.
I'm trying to understand why the breast-feeding v. formula debate is
still up for discussion with your family. Are you asking them to do
something they can't easily do like take care of the kid while running
out of milk you've pumped? Are you calling your mom and talking about
how tired and worn out you are? Is your husband feeling left out or
complaining about money spent on lactation consultants? Are you
conveying the attitude that you know what is best, but aren't really
sure so are inviting comment?
I'm trying to understand and failing.
Feeding issues change over time.  My folks give my kid way too much junk
food. It isn't aproblem because we don't live there, and because she
bennifits a great deal from being around them.  I've chosen to just not
have this be an issue.  Obviously, if my kid had amedical need and
couldn't eat junk, we'd have to change how we did things.
In any event, you've got a support network even if it isn't family. Why
not use that and let family do other things.