[blparent] Corban

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Tue Oct 26 20:44:54 UTC 2010

We also did th emusic thing.  V

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Jan Wright
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 8:18 AM
To: blparent at nfbnet.org
Subject: [blparent] Corban

I don't like giving my children chemicals, either.
It  sonds like you need to find another pediatrician who understands your
values a bit better.
But:
if he starts screaming, you can;
sit with him by his bed, instead of having  him crawl into yours,
Find those two-way walkie talkies and see if your voice can soothe him from
afar,
Start pairing some specific music with the comfort.
I mean, do the "conditioning approach.
For one week, have him come and lay in your bed with a specific music tape
on and maybe his favorite stuffed animal.
then, eventually, wean him from your bed, but the music and animal will
still be in place.
But that would take more time.
If  you just want to start with the comfort being the music and the animal
and maybe your presence for fifteen/ ten/ five/three minutes, you can do
that.
Jan
nn.net