[blparent] amazing

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Fri Oct 29 04:07:55 UTC 2010

So Gab's girl scout troop went to a Corn Maze this afternoon and I am a
registered chapparone.  I accompanied 4 junior girl scouts into a very long
maze 2.5 miles long from start to finish.  We had a really good time, lots
of laughter, lots of wrong turns.  I kept telling the girls to keep
following the sun as the end of the maze was to the west.  They wanted to
know where west was, as they had trouble seeing in the maze.  I pointed out
to them, that they could feel the rays coming through the stalks.  We buzzed
right through it.  At the end of the maze was a pumpkin patch where each
girl got to pick a pumpkin, then we went on a hay ride, then to pet the
animals, then home.
When I was leaving, a woman came up to me and asked if I had gone the the
maze?  I told her I did and had a wonderful time.  She asked, as a blind
person did I find it scarey.  I told her, I had the sun as my guide.  She
was amazed.  I found out a bit later, she was the owner. V