[blparent] Big mess! (good for a laugh)

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Fri Sep 3 01:39:05 UTC 2010

Oooo, thanks for the smile! V

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Jo Elizabeth Pinto
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 6:35 PM
To: NFBnet Blind Parents Mailing List
Subject: [blparent] Big mess! (good for a laugh)

Well, as a parent, and not just a blind parent, I guess we all have to keep
a sense of humor.  Today I discovered one of the pitfalls of parenting
without sight.

Sarah has become aware of messes lately, for some reason, so as she was
waking up from her nap, she told me, "Big mess!  Right there on the floor,
yucky."

I couldn't get any more information out of her, so I got down on my hands
and knees and felt around.  It was kind of creepy, not knowing what in the
world I would end up touching.  It turned out to be just a ball of lint and
dog hair that the vacuum cleaner hadn't gotten yet, and it was easily picked
up and thrown in the trash, but there was a tense moment first.  I found it
all very funny later.

nn.net