[blparent] Myles adoption

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon Sep 13 22:46:59 UTC 2010

Awesome! V

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Shannan Zinck
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:12 PM
To: blparent at nfbnet.org
Subject: [blparent] Myles adoption

Wow I was so excited the other day, we finally got a notice from the
government about Myles' birth certificate and were able to order one after
18 months of waiting. Yay it's on it's way. Now we are considering adopting
again though I think we might try for an older child this time, maybe 2 or
so.

Myles is growing so fast, He says a lot now and sometimes even speaks in
small sentences like here we go or never mind. He knows a few signs in sign
language. I have found that watching baby signing time has helped him learn
words faster because he associates the word with the action. He is a very
observant person and relies on visual aid a lot for learning. Right now he
signs please and says thank you. I have minimal sight so can help him some
with sight oriented stuff but I do make sure we say what we are signing so
he will pick up the words. John is totally blind so signing please doesn't
do much for him. He's has already learned how to be a pest. Today we were
driving to church and our boarder was sitting beside him in the back seat
and the whole 20 minute drive he kept reaching under his arm rest of the car
seat to tickle her. It was really funny. He can go up and down the stairs
now pretty good we just have to get him to stop trying to dance on the
middle of the steps. He is potty training officially now started 4 days ago.
We bought the underwear with the outer liner, Kushies. He loves the concept
of underwear but, when he pees in them they get really cold for some reason
and he runs around the house saying eeuu eeuu over and over again. We are
slowly getting use to the clean up that is required of training pants But,
ugh what a disgusting business. Sometimes the mess constitutes a bath. Man
raising toddlers is lots of fun watching them learn, daily and seeing them
grow so fast but, oh the challenges are so frustrating sometimes. He is at a
stage where he is testing the waters and there have been quite a few time
outs lately. He gets the concept now though and often all we have to do is
say time out and he stops doing whatever it is. Of course not all the time.
I don't think there is much he doesn't try to climb and there isn't much he
hasn't tried to get into. I don't even dare consider the idea of letting him
outside without a harness man the way he climbs and runs I'd have a really
hard time keeping up. Thankfully we had a rail built around our back deck to
keep him in but, even that he managed to figure out how to open the gate so
we had to get a latching pin for it and he locked me out of the house one
day by turning the dead bolt and often locks it. He can open doors now and
most kids his age aren't tall enough to reach but, he is 35 inches tall and
can reach quite well so we have to lock the screen doors which he hasn't
figured out just yet. Yup toddlerhood is certainly interesting never a dull
moment. He is still my little pooh bear though and always will be.
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!
nn.net