[blparent] Blind walking with strollers

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Sep 21 11:58:06 UTC 2010

Wow Jo Elizabeth, you must have strong arms!  I have pulled a stroller and
wagon (not at the same time smile) while working a dog and using a cane.  I
did not strap either to me; I just pulled them behind me, and try to keep it
as close to me as possible.  The sidewalks are very narrow out here.  I
don't know if this was mentioned but there are several "baby wearing"
options out there as well.  I carry my daughter in a Snugglee on my front
now, and will switch to carrying her in a backpack designed for babies and
toddlers when she's around 6 months old.  I did this also with my son, and
was able to carry him in the backpack until he was a little over 2.  By that
time he was getting heavy, wanted to walk a lot anyway, and we got his wagon
so he could get in and out easily but still have something to ride in for
longer trips, when we needed to hurry, or for trips to the grocery store;
the wagon is handy for bringing back groceries!  Trips to the store were
times I used the stroller the most; I put groceries in the basket
underneath.  I am lucky enough to have a variety of options available to me
and feel comfortable switching back and forth.
I hope this helps.
Melissa