[blparent] Creativity and Imaginary Friends

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Sep 22 04:04:09 UTC 2010

Sarah souns just like Gab.  Gab had imaginary friends until she started
first grade.  Infact She still talks about her pet fly now and then.  Don't
worry, that's her creative side coming out.  I believe Gab started with baby
Bop, her first real friend (imaginary) right around 3.  I thought it was
strange, so we kind of forced her into naming a bear that, but even when the
bear wasn't around, baby bop was.   Then we had a squirrel friend who was
always causing mischief, but I can't remember his name (maybe Hammy)  and
then we had fifi the fly.  Gab was terrified of insect and there was a fly
on her, she began to scream, terrified of the fly and I said, it's a
friend," and it became fi fi.  Then after that every time someone tried to
kill a fly, she'd yell, that's fifi and we'd have to convince her that fi fi
was not there and that was a bad fly.  The Dr said it was all  normal.  V