[blparent] coming home from the hospital

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Fri Apr 8 02:08:33 UTC 2011

Oh, wow, when I brought mine home almost 11 months ago now, hard to believe,
what did we need.  As was said, a car seat and I would never buy a used one
because the safety regulations change so often.  Diapers, lots and lots of
diapers.  And I wouldn't buy the newborn ones with the belly button cut-outs
in them, I'd buy the 1's and fold them down.  Otherwise you're going to have
those belly button cutouts leftover and I think moisture comes out of them
easier, just my opinion.  Breastfeeding: pump, snappys, breast pump, breast
feeding pillow.  Bottle-feeding: formula, bottles.  Swalding blankets, my
little one loved to be swalded for at least a couple months.  I had a
bassinette for the baby to sleep close to me for the first three months or
so.  We had a swing, which was nice and helped him sleep at first too.
Sounds like a lot, I know but basically, diapers, bottles or boob and your
set.  The other things are for the comfort of your baby ... and yourself
because they can help.