[blparent] getting baby latched on

Scott and Tiana Sanders ssanders4235 at charter.net
Tue Apr 26 00:15:05 UTC 2011

Trying to breastfeed was a vicious cycle for us.  Blake was slow to latch on and when he did, I wasn't expecting it.  It hurt like the devil and I could not stop myself from gasping and jerking.  This, of course, scared Blake and he let go and cried.  Then we had to start over.  I guess I'm just a wimp.  He got about the first 24 hours of breast milk which is better than nothing and then we went to the bottle.  He gained weight and we were both much happier.  I did wish I had worked with a lactation nurse and will try again with our next one due in December.  Good luck and I hope it gets easier for you.