[blparent] my dilemma and why i need suggestions on commuting

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 23:11:25 UTC 2011

Hello Lisa,

I carry my son Dawson constantly and he's 22lbs now and 32 inches long.  I
have been using the Baby Bjorn on my front but that's getting way too hard
on my back and shoulders as well.  I hear you with those aches and pains!
GRIN  For some reason it hurts less if I face my son toward me in the front
carrier verses out.  I also have an Ergo Baby carrier that has a 40lbs
weight capacity and that is a whole lot nicer on my back and shoulders.  I
can carry Dawson a lot longer on my front verses the Baby Bjorn now.  I just
got a Kelty Kids framed carrier that I'm borrowing from a friend to try out
and I haven't yet used it but I think it's going to really save my back
since the framed carriers are built for longer distances.  This type of
carrier might be helpful to you if you were able to put it on the seat next
to you and pull your son out of it during the ride.  The framed carriers are
also excellent for being able to easily put your baby back into with ease.
Too bad we're all just not rich enough to have a nanny follow us around and
hold our baby's for us when we get tired, right? LOL

Best to you and have fun with that little bundle of yours.  They grow up too
fast so I know there will be a day when I wish I could carry my son around
even if it meant feeling the aches I do.

Erin