[blparent] writing

Brandy W branlw at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 17 09:59:00 UTC 2011

Www.lakeshore learning.com seels a lined dry erase bord for practice with
writing. Now wriging ones abc's and 123's is not enjoyable and is not age
appropraite so of course he isn't going to want to do it. Some of the age
appropraite tasks we do in schol are: Draw a picture and write what it is,
Write a journal about what happened that day, Write a wish list of things
you see in an magazeen you would like to do. Write the family grocery list
for mom (kids like feling important.) Look at a kids cookbok and right what
you will need to make what looks good to take to the store and buy. Find
words around the house and copy them, and have family memebers guess where
you found the words.

Next make sure that writing serfice is a place he is comfortable. Hard to
write when you are at a table where your shoulder and elbo are at the same
height when writing. His elbo should be level with the table before he lifts
his arm. Meaning he should be able to comfortably lean on the table with out
stretching. If not use either a smaller chair, a lap tray on the floor, or a
booster at the grown-up table.

God luck and remember the more fun for a young child the more likely they
are to do it willingly and well.

Bran

"When we treat children's play as seriously as it deserves, we are helping
them feel the joy that's to be found in the creative spirit. It's the things
we play with and the people who help us play that make a great difference in
our lives."
— Fred Rogers

Brandy Wojcik
Discovery Toys Educational Consultant and Team Leader
www.playtoachieve.com
(512) 689-5045

Looking for team members nation wide!