[blparent] Amazon Mom, In case you haven't Heard

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 19:07:17 UTC 2011

Jan and Others, not sure if you know this but you can subscribe free of
charge to Amazon Mom.  Not sure why they call it "Mom" but it is for anyone
who cares for a young child.  You get 15% off subscribe and save items (to
be shipped out one every month, two months, three months or six months) and
you can cancel at any time and then, as an Amazon Mom member, you get an
additional 15% off making it a total of 30% savings.

The other good thing is once you sign up, you get Amazon Prime for
qualifying orders for free (normally $79 or so per year) and for each $25 in
qualifying products on a single purchase, it adds an additional month up to
a year from the time you signed up.

I have copied and pasted the Amazon Mom FAQ's for you to read.  Visit

www.amazon.com/mom to learn more or sign up!  I love it!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.  I have been doing this for a
while now with my 19 month old.  Use Diapers.com as well but wanted to give
every one another option, in case, you were not aware.

FAQs:

Who is this program for, and do I qualify?

• Amazon Mom is a free membership program aimed at helping parents and
caretakers, from the prenatal days through the toddler years, use Amazon to
find
all the products their family needs. To join, simply sign into your Amazon
account and tell us whether you are a Mom, Dad, or other caretaker of a
child.
By providing information about your family, you can help us personalize
offers, e-mails, and product recommendations to help you find exactly what
you
need at just the right time. Your kids are older than toddlers? No problem,
you can still join Amazon Mom, just understand that some of the key benefits
are specifically aimed at younger children (such as the 30% off diapers
promotion).

Are dads, grandmas, and other caretakers eligible?

• Yes. Despite the name, Amazon Mom is open to anyone who is responsible for
caring for a baby or young child--“Amazon Primary Caretaker” just didn’t
have
the same ring to it. Kidding aside, we chose this name because we noticed
moms in social communities (like our Amazon discussion boards) looking to
connect
and share information about products and problems with other moms. We wanted
a name that would let these groups know that this program was created with
their unique needs in mind. That said, we do not want to alienate dads or
other caretakers, and we openly welcome anyone who has a young child and
wants
deals on diapers, plus tailored offers that help them get through the
newborn to toddler years unscathed.

What is the maximum age of my child for me to be eligible?

• Amazon Mom is open to anyone. If your kids are older than toddlers, you
can still join the program; you just may not enjoy some of the benefits that
are
targeted at younger children.

What items count towards the shipping benefit so that I can earn more free
months of Prime?

• Any Baby product (i.e. anything in the Baby store) counts towards earning
additional months of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime. To be sure,
you
can always look for the yellow stripe on the product detail page that says
“Amazon Mom: Purchase this and other
Baby
 items to extend your Amazon Prime FREE Shipping Benefits".

How are you calculating the amount of my order in the Baby Store to qualify
for additional months of Amazon Prime shipping benefits?

• For each $25 you spend within a single order in the
Baby Store,
we’ll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. To
determine whether your purchase qualifies, we will total the prices of the
items
in your order as displayed in your Shopping Cart (i.e. not including any
sales tax, shipping or gift wrapping charges and prior to the application of
any
promotional discounts on the detail page, such as coupons and the Subscribe
& Save discount).

• For example, if you purchased the Pampers Baby Dry Diapers as shown below
for the current price of $30.00, you would earn an additional month of
Amazon
Prime shipping benefits. If you signed up for Subscribe & Save delivery on
this item to receive an additional 30% off, the price will be reduced to
$21.00
in the checkout process. However, you would still earn an additional month
of Amazon Prime shipping benefits, because the size of your order is
calculated
based on the $30.00 price shown on the product detail page, before the
promotional discount is applied.

Calculating Order

Are the free shipping benefits eligible on products that are not in the Baby
Store?

• Yes. FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime is eligible on millions of
items, from coffee to bath toys, juice boxes to blenders. Products eligible
for
Amazon Prime will be designated on the product page and at check-out. Note:
Prime shipping is not available on Subscribe & Save orders.

How can I find the Baby Store?

• You can always find the Baby store by going to
www.amazon.com/baby.

• Or, from the Amazon.com home page, you can select “Baby” from the
left-hand navigation bar in the “Toys, Kids & Baby” section.

How to find the baby store

When signing up for the Amazon Mom membership, I opted to keep my existing
Amazon Prime plan, but I changed my mind--can I switch?

• Yes, if you want to change the type of Amazon Prime plan you are on, you
can contact customer service. Please note that it may take a few days for
the
change to take effect.

I’m already receiving Prime shipping benefits through my Amazon Mom
membership--do I have access to the new Prime instant videos?

• Customers who receive free Prime shipping benefits through their Amazon
Mom membership do not have access to all of the benefits that the paid Prime
membership
provides, including access to Prime instant videos and the ability to share
your membership with up to 4 invitees (Amazon Mom members can share the
Prime
benefits with 1 invitee).

How will I know when my free shipping benefit ends?

• To find out when your free shipping benefits will end, visit the
Manage Your Prime Membership page
 in Your Account.

What happens when the three months of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon
Prime end--will I be charged?

• No, you will not be charged anything. If you earned additional months of
free shipping benefits by spending in the Baby Store, then your free
shipping
benefits will be extended by the appropriate amount. If you did not earn
additional months, then the free shipping benefit will simply end. You can
always
join Amazon Prime at the normal subscription price.

What items are eligible for FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime?

• Products eligible for Amazon Prime will be designated on the product page
and at checkout. You can receive FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of
eligible
items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.com across all stores and departments.

How can I find diapers and wipes that are eligible for the 30% off discount?

• To receive the 30% off discount on
select diapers and wipes,
all you need to do is select the Subscribe Now button on applicable items
and the 30% off will apply automatically. You can change your delivery
schedule
or cancel at any time by visiting the
Manage Your Subscribe & Save Items
 page. For more information, visit the
Subscribe & Save
 page.

I already have a Subscribe & Save order on diapers or wipes--do I need to
re-subscribe in order to receive the 30% off discount?

• No, you do not need to modify your subscription at all. Once you join
Amazon Mom, we will add an additional 15% discount to the standard 15%
discount
you receive by selecting Subscribe & Save delivery, bringing the total
discount to 30% off. To verify the discount you are receiving on your
diapers or
wipes subscription, you can always visit Manage Your Subscribe & Save Items
page.

Return to the Amazon Mom Page

Amazon Mom
Now that you know more about Amazon Mom, start taking advantage of this
great program by returning to the
Amazon Mom page.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Bazer
Tastefully Simple Consultant, 0094864
The Food You Love, The Time You Deserve!
Order Online Anytime!
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/jbazer