[blparent] writing

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Aug 17 19:55:18 UTC 2011

Nikki, I understood you loud and clear.  I have worked in the classrooms for over 5 years now, from Kindergarten to 5th grade.  The problems we had in First and second grade was getting the kids to write at all.  They don't like it, they don't want to, they find it boring.  All the excuses are the same.
What we have found is finding something that interests a child, like dinosaurs, trucks, cars, monsters, animals.  Once you find their nitch, a child will be happy to put his masterpiece on paper.
I have worked with special need kids and they are the same, every child wants to show off his work.
Be a little patient with him, he is just starting first grade and if the teacher is already pushing after just a few days, maybe that teacher is not right for your child.