[blparent] Fostering

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 22:44:41 UTC 2011

I did foster care for a while.  They were pretty skeptical during the
training and I'm not sure I would have ever gotten any kids, however my
first CW had a blind member in her family and so she was willing to place
kids in my care.  I had that girl and then two sets of sisters and then they
just stopped calling me for foster care anymore.  I could never get a
straight answer as to why they would no longer send kids to me.  Was it a
blindness issue, I'm not sure, because all of the sudden the kids just
stopped coming.  There were changes in the management but no matter who I
called I could never get a straight answer ... thinking about trying it
again as the need for foster parents is high right now.  The only thing I
can tell you is go for it, they can always use foster parents.  I loved it
the time I did it and am hoping they allow me to do it again.  Good luck and
if you need anything you can write me off list ... pshald at neb.rr.com