[blparent] school teacher - not an issue

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:28:32 UTC 2011

Nikki,
I also have RP diagnosed at the age of 2. My vision has deteriorated over
the years and I'm now transitioning into using a cane.
The one thing that I am very grateful for is that I attended a blind school
for 4th and 5th grades. I then learned braille, mobility, and other ways of
being able to adapt to my changing vision.
I also attended a rehab center to learn how to cook with a blind fold on so
that I could learn to adapt my abilities as my vision worsened.
I know what you are going through and the annoyance and frustration of
trying to go between using vision and not.
If you've never received any training, I'd suggest it. It will help you in
feeling more confident and will also help you to be able to talk with your
dad or others about your abilities.
I didn't attend one of the training centers in another state. I attended our
local center for just a few hours a day between working and going to school.
Pipi