[blparent] Nikki's independence

Nikki daizies304 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 20:30:07 UTC 2011

    Thank you so much.
I'm from IL.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaquiss, Robert
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:02 PM
To: NFBnet Blind Parents Mailing List
Subject: Re: [blparent] Nikki's independence

Hello:

     I haven't read all this long thread, butI don't recall reading what
state Nikki lives in. Below is a link to a page listing all our affiliates.
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/State_and_Local_Organizations.asp

Nikki, if you haven't done this, look up your state, and contact that
affiliate's president. Attend the nearest chapter meetings and ask for help.
This should get you knowledgable people to provide you advise and some
hands-on experience. If you want to attend one of our training centers,
contact that center and ask for help dealing with your state's rehab agency.
I am not an attorney, but it is my understanding that you are entitled to
rehab at a center of your choice. The LCB, CCB and BLIND Inc. are all
excellent centers and when you are done, you will be a competent independent
person.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss