[blparent] school teacher - not an issue

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Wed Aug 24 22:44:57 UTC 2011

Dear Nikki,

I think one of the hardest things we deal with as blind people is the
pressure to do things perfectly, and to do them perfectly the very first
time we try.  In the real world, there is a learning curve.  No one is
expected to have mastered a skill before ever trying it.  That's why there
are classes.  That's why teachers teach.  That's why we have the old saying,
"Practice makes perfect."  Try not to get discouraged (I know that's not
easy, I do not mean to make light of what you're going through!)  You may
have gone up a driveway on your first walk, but next time you'll remember
that it's there.  You'll figure out the route and after a few times you'll
be able to walk to school and back as if you'd been doing it all your life.

Please contact me off list and we can exchange ideas about getting some
training in Illinois.

Debbie
dkent5817 at att.net