[blparent] meals and snacks

Brandy W branlw at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 28 22:13:21 UTC 2011

I really don't want to be harsh, and I'll share some of my meal and snack
favorites, but it really sounds like you need some strong training. If you
want to be your son's parent you need to be his parent. You may be your
father's child, but you are your son's mother and that is what happens in
the family cycle. Every time you have a question it is really about your
father not giving you permission or you not having the skills, or someone
not wanting to do what it takes. You may have lost some skills, vision and
hearing, but these are all things that can be trained to be dealt with.
Maybe you can move close to a training center where you can have training in
the day and your son can go to school. You also may want to contact a local
blindness service agency for in home training.  Just some observations.

Snacks: fresh fruits and veggies are always easy healthy and good especially
if 1 adds a dip to go with them. Dipping in yogurt, sourcream with jelly, or
various salad dressings are good. You can usually buy pre cut veggies and
fruit although they cost more they are quick. I don't find cutting veggies
and fruit all that hard, but it took practice for them to look nice.

Yogurt, cereal, cheese sticks or cubes, snack bars, dried fruit and
dehydrated veggies are all nice snack ideas. Served with a cracker or
pretzle are also good. One of my favorite sites for snacks is
www.nutsonline.com Great yummy stuff. Shipping is a bit high, but when you
place a $50 or so size order it is worth it.

As for dinner opptions:
Casidilla's made with meat, cheese and veggies baked or pan fried,
Salmon cakes,
Casaroles cambles has a ton on their site,
Basic baked meats like chicken fish or pork. I simply bake in a covered
glass dish and add garlic, onion, peppers, and a bit of a Mrs. Dash and it
comes out nice.
A bag of frozen veggies can be steamed in a covered glass dish for about 8
minutes with a few tablespoons of butter and any combonation works great.

My 2 favorite sites for recipies are www.allrecipies.com, and
wwwmealmakeovermoms.com

Hope that helps some.

Bran

"When we treat children's play as seriously as it deserves, we are helping
them feel the joy that's to be found in the creative spirit. It's the things
we play with and the people who help us play that make a great difference in
our lives."
— Fred Rogers

Brandy Wojcik
Discovery Toys Educational Consultant and Team Leader
www.playtoachieve.com
(512) 689-5045

Looking for team members nation wide!