[blparent] meals and snacks

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon Aug 29 03:11:27 UTC 2011

I bought some bacon to try out this recipe, can't wait.

Reminds me of another recipe I often use.  Lay pork chops in the bottom of a
pan.  Size of pan depends on how many chops you use, since you want to cover
the whole bottom of the pan.  I like using boneless chops myself, but you
don't have to.  Then slice several potatoes as thinly as you can--I want to
get one of those chip makers from Pampered Chef to make slicing easier--and
onion, if you like it.  Lay the potato slices over the chops.  Make up some
potato soup from a can or a dry packet, maybe a little thicker than you
usually would.  Pour the soup over, cover the pan with foil, bake till
potatoes are tender, which depends on the thinness of the slices.  Maybe 45
minutes, average.  It's a crowd pleaser.

Jo Elizabeth

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning,
unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into
advance."--Franklin D. Roosevelt