[blparent] meals and snacks

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon Aug 29 15:52:09 UTC 2011

I agree completely, Rebecca.  I don't believe in forcking a kid to eat
something, but I also don't believe in making completely separate meals.
I'm not a short order cook.  So if one of the kids doesn't want what's
served, there are a couple of healthy choices available that evening, but no
sweets or desserts.  My mom tried to make me sit at the table once till I
ate what was on my plate--she gave up at midnight, and if she hadn't, I
probably would still be sitting there, even though the house I grew up in
has new owners now!

As far as the line about starving children, my answer as a kid was that Fed
Ex guaranteed delivery anywhere in the world in 24 hours.  (I never said I
was always a good kid.)  I'll try never to use that line because it's been
sprung on kids for decades, maybe longer, and I doubt if it's ever gotten
one of them to eat anything.

Jo Elizabeth

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning,
unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into
advance."--Franklin D. Roosevelt