[blparent] Meals and snacks

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 21:06:27 UTC 2011

Oh yes, yogurt is a good one.  And a great fruit dip is to simply mix a
16 ounce container of light sour cream with 1 cup sugar, or Splenda.  It
taste great and is good for dipping fruit into.  You can use Greek
yogurt too, but it does have a slightly more pungent taste.  We like it,
but not everyone does.  Actually, we just discovered Penny loves Greek
yogurt this weekend.  She couldn't get enough of it!

I have a simple recipe I made up one day trying to use up left overs.
Here it is:

1 16 ounce container sour cream
4 to 5 apples, cubed (can use any type of apple)
1 cup Splenda (can also use sugar)
Cinnamon to taste (I usually do about 1 teaspoon)
1/2 cup raisins (I prefer white raisins)

Mix sour cream, cinnamon  and sugar in bowl.
Clean and cube apples.  Can peel if you prefer.  Mix apples and raisins
in with sour cream mixture.
Cover and chill for 15 to 20 minutes.  Store covered in fridge; will
last a couple of days.

This is so easy to make and kids love it. Is good snack or side during
lunch or supper.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog for Live Well Nebraska.com at