[blparent] Disney World

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Tue Aug 30 15:00:38 UTC 2011

Hi,
I know some of you have been to DW on here, and we are planning a trip for
June 2012. My question isn't really parenting related, because there will be
4 adults, and 3 kids, so the kids should not create an issue for 1 blind
dad.

What is the best kind of cane to take. I was thinking the telescoping kind.
Easy to collapse before getting on rides, and it will be small enough I can
just put it in the stroller with a kid if I don't feel like using it at the
time.

if I am the only one who wants to go on a ride, will the Cast Members
assist, or will my wife need to go to help me get on, but then she not get
on herself.

Other tips for a blind adult at DW?

I know of the Braille maps and guides, but those don't interest me much,
unless I can get them ahead of time. I don't want to take time away from the
kids' play to read a guide.

Thanks,
Michael