[blparent] Disney World

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:52:24 UTC 2011

Hello Michael and all interested,

I've been to DW 5 times now and it's one of my favorite places in the world
to go.  I don't know about cast members assisting if you want to go on a
ride by yourself, but definitely ask about that.  I get what's called a
permanent Fast Pass when I go which allows you to go through a faster line
than the main line to get on the rides quicker.  You may know this already
but nearly every ride has what's called a fast pass ticket machine where
people take a ticket and it tells them what time to come back to that ride
to be able and go through the fast pass lain.  That wouldn't work well for
us since we can't go running from ride to ride quite like people with sight
so DW is great in accommodating folks with disabilities by providing a
permanent fast pass.  This way you can carry your card and not worry about
hopping from ride to ride for those silly tickets just to come back again
later.  I think you just need to go to the customer relations office at
whatever park you decide to visit first to obtain your fast pass but make
sure and confirm that with DW when you call.  I don't know if you're a dog
user but if you are please let me know because I have more info I'd be happy
to share if you're interested.

As for the cane I think your idea is a good one and I'd carry a spare or two
for emergencies encase that telescoping cane decides to give out on you.  Do
you have any identification canes?  Those are a nice folding light-weight
option as well.

Are you planning on staying on the property?  If so I recommend staying in
one of the Value Resorts because this way you're in one of the cheaper
hotels which are plenty nice and still qualify for their meal plans, luggage
perks that take your luggage from the airport right to your hotel, charging
perks that allow you to use your room key as your credit card and meal
ticket and more.  DW also has this great option where you can have a store
anywhere on their property send your purchased items right to your hotel
room so you don't have to carry what you bought.  This is only an option if
you're staying in one of their hotels.

I'd love to hear of your plans and I hope you and your family have an
amazing time.  Have you got the dates planned yet?  If not, I strongly
recommend going to DW in December because that's the least rainy month in
Florida with beautiful temps and one of the most magical times to go with
all of the Christmas festivities.

Chow,

Erin