[blparent] [Bulk] present idea

Jennifer Jackson jennifer_jackson at cox.net
Fri Dec 16 06:53:16 UTC 2011

I agree with the general message of this post, but I do want to clarify on
the Push and Go cars as just push toys. My two oldest walked at 7 and 9
months. They both played actively with their Push and Go Cars for more than
two years. I can not really say when my youngest started playing with one
because he had access to his brothers before we gave him one for his first
birthday.

The big down side is that they take up some room. Often church nurseries and
other places have these and you can just let your little one play there.
Little ones really will play happily with empty boxes and stackable cups
from your kitchen.

Christmas does not have to be about presents either. There is something to
be said about raising a little one who just enjoys the day without
commercial purchases. We all jumped right on to answering about toys to buy
option too. Presents at this age are really just to please ourselves as the
little one will never know. My youngest received very practical gifts for
his first couple of years as his brothers expected him to have gifts, but he
was to little to know and had so many hand me down toys I was running out of
space. :)

Jennifer