[blparent] Question about parenting with blind children

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sat Dec 31 02:26:01 UTC 2011

I could see when I was little, but as I got older, couldn't see many things.
I always put the ornaments on the tree as do I now.  I am gentle with them
and I have always had Gab and her friends help.  She knows and always has,
the tree is not a toy, it is to be looked upon not touched or played with.
I have friends that have blind children and they teach the same, yu can
touch gently as that is there way of looking, but playing with the ornaments
is off limits.
We always used to laugh at me, I would put the picture frames back on the
shelves after Christmas and they would be on their sides but no one made me
feel bad about it, they would just straighten them and tell me about it much
later.