[blparent] update on clay and the kids

Kate McEachern kflsouth at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 01:17:16 UTC 2011

Hi list.

I have a bit of time so I wanted to give an update on Clay and the kids.

To start the next year will bring many changes for our family.
Because of now working fulltime, my employer has informed me that to
continue working where I work, I have to go back to school to finish
getting my degree and as long as I am working towards my degree I can
keep my job.

Because of this I have made the painful decision to send Clay to an
assisted living facility because it is just too much to care for him
with no assistance from his family.  I am talking with my attorney on
how to proceed with regard to the property we jointly own and the care
of the girls.

Ash is in school though she isn’t the best student this year.  She is
still having issues with her vision and I am attempting to get both
girls to their eye doctor for a checkup.

Tiffany will be two on Saturday so I am getting together with some
family to throw her a little party.

So on the hole things are positive around here, the kids are doing OK,
and I’m able to pay the bills.  Though Clay has not improved how we
hoped I am still doing my best to make decisions to assist him at
having a productive life even if it isn’t with me and the girls.
Hopefully when things settle down I can post about other topics rather
then just this situation but it has taken up the last year and will
most likely take up 2011 before things settle down.

Now, if any one has tips of taking on line classes with a screen
reader throw them my way.

Hope to write more in the future,
Cheers.
Kate