[blparent] Choosing a daycare provider?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Sun Jan 2 21:25:02 UTC 2011

Also, you need to check with the agency through which you will be licensed.
My brother is fostering a baby boy with the hope of adopting him, and some
friends from church just adopted a little boy after fostering him for nearly
two years.  Both my brother and my friends mentioned that while the children
were in the foster program, only licensed foster parents could care for
them.  They couldn't even leave the kids with their parents or other family
members before having everybody fingerprinted and approved by the system.  I
don't know if it's the same way in all states, but it would be a good idea
to look into the matter ahead of time.  It's been hard for both my brother
and the other couple to find care when it is necessary.

Jo Elizabeth

"Some people see things as they are and ask why.  I dream things that never
were and ask why not."--Robert F. Kennedy