[blparent] what to do with a toddler?

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Tue Jan 18 19:04:00 UTC 2011

Dear Pipi,

I agree with the others that it sounds like you are providing a wonderfully
rich environment for your daughter.  The only thing I can think of adding
would be contact with other kids.  Are there any opportunities for Savannah
to play with cousins or neighbors?  When my daughter was two I discovered a
nice weekly program called Moms 'n' Tots which was run by the Chicago Parks
District.  The kids had a gym to run around in, playing with hula hoops and
lightweight cloth balls.  There were some structured activities such as
somersaults on mats, but also some free play during which the moms could get
to know each other a bit.  I really looked forward to it as a chance to get
out and be with other adults, and it was great for Janna to be around
children her age.

Debbie