[blparent] Smart board response

Karla Hudson HudsonKC at msu.edu
Wed Jan 19 23:30:51 UTC 2011

Hi Group,

I suppose worrying about it is unproductive given that my kids are not being
impacted by this as they are sighted. However, I do have an over all concern
for blind children given that I was once a kid in a classroom learning in a
visual world. I know that in the younger years I did not have all the skills
to explain my needs to my classroom teacher. Yes, I learned this as I went
along. As far as voice over. This can be a solution in some situations if
the company who develops the software is interested in such development. I
am telling you this that the screen material is moving quickly with items
being circled, colors changing to illustrate various points etc. If we are
not concerned as blind adults the young blind child will be left behind with
this technology even implemented in the kindergarten level such as in my
sons class. So I suppose I can just forget about it or I can advocate on the
behalf of blind children. I suppose a para-pro. can be assigned to the blind
child. We all know that is such a great option for socialization of the
blind child.

Karla