[blparent] Talk about a scare!

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Tue Jan 25 20:19:43 UTC 2011

Yesterday morning my husband and I dropped Gab off at school like we do
every morning and then we ran some errands.  When I got home, there was a
message from the school asking me to call in and report her abscence.
Imagine my reaction.
I quickly picked up the phone and called the main office and spoke to the
receptionist.  I told her about the message from the attendance person and
asked that they immediately checked on my child's where abouts.
The receptionist put me on hold and called into the room.
Truly, I was freaking out.  All kinds of stuff ran through my head in those
few seconds while I waited for her to return.
She returned quickly and reported that Gab was indeed in class and had been
there all day.
The sub had mistakenly reported the wrong child absent.
Now here is a word to the wise.
If they had asked me what she was wearing that morning, I had no clue.  When
she was younger and rode the bus, I always knew that info.  This morning I
asked her before she left and I also told her to make sure the sub knew she
was there.
What a scare! V