[blparent] How to tell when your child is smiling or looking at something

Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni rovadia82 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:39:43 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,
I have kind of a silly question but I hope someone can help. My two month
old is definitely interested in being interactive some of the time during
the day and when I am alone with him, I find it hard to know when he is
smiling or looking at something. I have rattles and toys and I make faces at
him but he's not really making a whole lot of sounds to let me know he is
happy or interested. When my sighted husband is around or my mom is around,
they tell me when he is smiling or when he is looking at me or a toy, but I
find it frustrating that when I am alone, I don't feel like I know how to
effectively interact with him. Any tips on this, or is this something silly
to be worried about?
Thanks.
Ronit