[blparent] -] BRL Summer 2011 Catalog

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Jun 23 03:04:13 UTC 2011

 Beulah Reimer Legacy BRL

Summer 2011 Catalog

Away at camp,
Or back at home,
With a friend,
Or on your own,
Traveling near,
Or way afar,
In a boat, plane, train or car,
By the pool,
Or at the fair,
On the beach-
the wind in your hair.
Hanging out at the ice-cream shop,
Sipping on a soda pop,
Walking leisurely through the park,
Come rain or shine or cloak of dark,
Summer is much more fun indeed,
With lots of BRL books to read.

  Splash into summer by stocking up on a bunch of our great BRL books. If
you are a teacher of the visually impaired who wants your students to keep
up with their Braille over the summer; a librarian who strives to offer a
wide variety of titles to your Braille readers; a blind person who enjoys
reading to children; a parent or friend of a blind child or perhaps, an
adult learning Braille, Beulah Reimer Legacy (BRL), is dedicated to meeting
your Braille needs.
  Ever go to a store and see the children's book you want and find yourself
wishing that book were in Braille? Well, wish no more. BRL has many of the
most popular children's picture books such as Clifford, Corduroy, Curious
George, Disney, Dora, Elmo, Fancy Nancy and the Berenstain Bears in Braille
at affordable prices.
  BRL's mission is to increase Braille literacy and reading opportunities by
placing Braille in the hands of eager readers.
  All of our books are brailled in contracted (grade two) braille with clear
plastic strips which are placed on top of the printed text. Our books are
shipped free of charge. Please allow two weeks for delivery.
  BRL accepts checks, money orders and purchase orders. We also accept
payment online via Pay Pal.

Contests and Drawings
BRL announces more ways to put Braille at your fingertips.

Beulah Reimer Legacy Drawing
And the winner is...
  Congratulations to Lisa Forshey of Ohio for winning the Beulah Reimer
Legacy free book drawing May 12. Lisa's name was added to the drawing when
she purchased a book from BRL in 2011. Lisa may choose one book from our
expanding collection or she may ask BRL to braille a book of her choice.

Birthday Bonanza
  We are proud to announce that BRL will be one year old August 20. To
celebrate, BRL is offering books as birthday gifts.

  Is there a writer in the house? BRL is looking for a poem or testimonial
to use for our one-year anniversary promotions. All submissions should be
between 25-100 words in length and should mention BRL. This contest runs
from May 1-August 1. The winning entry will receive a twenty-dollar BRL gift
certificate.
  Who can participate? Anyone! You need not be a customer to participate.

  Book guessing contest: When our first mailing went out last August, BRL
had a list of 20 books for sale. Now our reading list has grown to over 350
titles. BRL is offering a free book to the person who can guess how many
books we've sold during our first year of business. Since we won't know the
answer until August 20, the contest will be open until September 1.
  Who is eligible to participate in the guessing contest? Anyone! Please
only submit one guess per person. If no one guesses correctly, the book will
be awarded to the closest guess. In the event of a tie, books will be
awarded to all correct guesses.

  Birthday Bundle, July 1-October 1: For any purchase of ten BRL books, the
eleventh book is free.

Holiday Grab Bag
October 1-January 1
  Due to popular demand, BRL will offer its second holiday grab bag. For the
cost of twenty dollars, you will receive four BRL books. This is a savings
of four dollars, (a twenty percent discount) on our already low prices. The
grab bag will contain books selected by BRL based on information you provide
regarding your child's reading level and interests.

Louis Braille Birthday Drawing
January 4, 2012
  To commemorate the birth of Louis Braille, BRL will draw the name of a
person to receive a free BRL book of his/her choice from our booklist.
  How does one become eligible for the Louis Braille drawing? Anyone who
purchases a BRL book in 2011 is automatically entered into the drawing.

  If you have any questions about BRL or would like to place an order,
please use the contact information below:

April Enderton
7758 Southeast 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa  50320
Phone: 515-282-0049
E-mail:
endertona at wildblue.net
Website:
www.beulahreimerlegacy.com

BRL Book List
Summer 2011
(All books listed are six dollars unless otherwise noted)

A.

A bear for Breakfast (board book)
- Jennifer King
A big night in Booville
- Slade Stone
A Christmas Carol
- Gaby Goldsack
A color of his Own
- Leo Lionni
A kiss Goodbye
- Audrey Penn
A letter to Santa
- Gaby Goldsack
A pocket for Corduroy
- Don Freeman
A pocket full of Kisses
- Audrey Penn
A present for Magenta
- Kitty Fross
A silly snowy Day
- Michael Coleman
A very special Snowflake
- Don Hoffman
Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Day
- Judith Viorst
Amelia Bedelia and the surprise Shower - Peggy Parish
$8
Amelia Bedelia book Worm
- Herman Parish
$8
An angel of my Own with a beautiful angel necklace for you to wear
- Beth Roberts
An underwater Welcome
Animals of the Sea (board book)
$5
Arthur and the big Snow
- Marc Brown
Arthur helps Out
- Marc Brown
Arthur jumps into Fall
- Marc Brown
Arthur to the Rescue
- Marc Brown
Arthur's perfect Christmas
- Marc Brown
$8
Arthur's Reading Race
- Marc Brown

B.

Baby touch and feel, quack! Quack! (board book)
Baby Strawberry's first Christmas (board book)
$5
Ballerina Belle (board book)
Bert and Ernie's first book of Opposites (board book)
$5
Birthday Countdown
- Amber Stewart (board book)
Biscuit's big Friend
- Alyssa Satin Capucilli

 C.

Care Bears, Catch the Christmas Spirit
Chester Raccoon and the acorn full of Memories
- Audrey Penn
Chester Raccoon and the big bad Bully
- Audrey Penn
Chicka chicka boom Boom
- Bill Martin Jr.
Chicken Little
- pictures by Laura Rader
Chocolate Chippo Hippo
- Vincent Andriani
Chubby Puppies Summer Picnic
- Olivia Barham
Clifford and the big Storm
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford and the grouchy Neighbors
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford and the Halloween Parade
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford at the Circus
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford goes to dog School
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford goes to Washington
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford the big red Dog
Deck the Halls
- Maria S. Barbo
Clifford the big red Dog
The show-and-tell Surprise
Clifford the big red Dog
Thanksgiving Parade
- Maria S. Barbo
Clifford the big red Dog
The big egg Hunt
- Suzanne Weyn
Clifford the big red Dog
The dog who cried Woof
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford the big red Dog
The runaway Rabbit
Clifford the big red Dog
Tummy Trouble
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford the big red Dog
Valentine Surprise
- Quinlan B. Lee
Clifford the small red Puppy
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford to the Rescue
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford, we love You
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's big red Easter
- Nancy Parent (board book)
Clifford's birthday Party
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's busy Week
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Christmas
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Family
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's first Christmas
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's first snow Day
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's first Valentine's Day
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's good Deeds
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's happy Easter
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Happy Mother's Day
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Kitten
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Manners
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's puppy Days
Apple-picking Day
- Samantha Brooke
Clifford's puppy Days
Christmas Angel
- Quinlan B. Lee
Clifford's puppy Days
Graduation Day
- Daniela Denega
Clifford's puppy Days
Halloween Howl
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Puppy Days
Lots of Love
- Sarah Fisch
Clifford's puppy Days
Pumpkin patch Puppy
- Danielle Denega
Clifford's spring Clean Up
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Thanksgiving Visit
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford's Valentine's Day
- Norman Bridwell
Come and play bunny, soft to touch (board book)
Commotion in the Ocean
- Giles Andreae
$8
Cookie's Week
- Cindy Ward
Corduroy
- Don Freeman
Corduroy's best Halloween Ever
- Don Freeman
Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
- based on the character created by Don Freeman
Countdown to Bedtime (board book) with glowing moon nightlight
Countdown to Kindergarten
- Alison McGhee
Counting Christmas
- Karen Katz
Curious George
- H.A. Rey
$8
Curious George and the birthday Surprise
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George and the Dinosaur
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George and the Firefighters
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George and the Puppies
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George at the Aquarium
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George at the baseball Game
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George builds a Home
Curious George feeds the Animals
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George goes to a costume Party
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George goes to the Hospital
- Margret and H.A. Rey
$8
Curious George makes Pancakes
- H.A. Rey
Curious George plants a Tree
- Monica Perez
Curious George snowy Day
- Rotem Moscovich
Curious George takes a Job
- Margret and H.A. Rey
$8
Curious George takes a Train
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George the doughnut Delivery
- Monica Perez
Curious George visits a toy Store
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George visits the Library
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Curious Kitties (board book)
- illustrated by Melanie Mitchell

 D.

Diego saves the Sloth
- Alexis Romay
Diego saves the Tree Frogs
- Sarah Willson
Diego's Wolf Pup Rescue
- Christine Ricci
Disney Aladdin
$8
Disney Beauty and the Beast, Together Forever
$8
Disney bedtime Stories
- adapted by Ann-Marie Harris
$10
Disney Cinderella
Disney Cinderella, A royal Heart
$8
Disney Dumbo
$8
Disney Jasmine Star Bright
$8
Disney my friends Tigger and Pooh, calling all Piglets
Disney my friends Tigger and Pooh, the case of the sticky Sticks
Disney Pixar Cars, the spooky Sound
- Melissa Lagonegro
Disney Princess Snow White and the seven Dwarfs A gift from the Heart
$8
Disney Princesses, Sweet and spooky Halloween
- Melissa Lagonegro
Disney Sleeping Beauty, Storybook and Charm
$10
Disney Snow White and the seven Dwarfs
Disney The Jungle Book
$8
Disney The Little Mermaid, Two of a Kind
$8
Disney's Lilo and Stitch the series, Home stinky Home
Disney's Winnie the Pooh's Halloween
- Bruce Talkington
$8
Dora loves Boots
- Alison Inches
Dora the Explorer
Dora and the stuck Truck
- Phoebe Beinstein
Dora the Explorer
Dora Climbs Star Mountain
- Alison Inches
Dora the Explorer
Dora goes to School
- Leslie Valdes
Dora the Explorer
Dora's Backpack
- Sarah Willson
Dora the Explorer
Dora's outer space Adventure
- Alison Inches
Dora the Explorer
Dora's Picnic
- Christine Ricci
Dora the Explorer
Eggs for Everyone
- Laura Driscoll
Dora the Explorer
Little Star
- Sarah Willson
Dora saves the Snow Princess
- Phoebe Beinstein
Dora's big birthday Adventure
- Lauryn Silverhardt
Dora's book of Manners
- Christine Ricci
Dora's costume Party
- Christine Ricci
Dora's Halloween Adventure
- Sarah Willson (board book)
Dora's perfect Pumpkin
- Kirsten Larsen

E.

Easter Bunny's on his Way
- Brian James
Easter eggs Everywhere
- Steve Metzger
Easter Parade
- Irving Berlin
Eight silly Monkeys (board book)
- illustrated by Steve Haskamp
Elmo loves You
- Sarah Albee
Elmo's ABC Book
- Sarah Albee
Elmo's first Babysitter
- Sarah Albee
Eye see You, Dinosaurs (board book)

F.

Fancy Nancy, Halloween or Bust
- Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy, Heart to Heart
- Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy, 100th day of School
- Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy sees Stars
- Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy the dazzling book Report
- Jane O'Connor
Five green and speckled Frogs
- illustrated by Constanza Basaluzzo
Five little Honeybees (board book)
- James Croft
$5
Five little Pumpkins
- Dan Yaccarino
$5
Five little Skunks (board book includes audio CD)
Five silly penguins slipping on the Ice
- Steve Metzger
Flat Stanley and the haunted House
- Lori Haskins
Froggy goes to the Doctor
- Jonathan London
Froggy's day with Dad
- Jonathan London
Froggy's Sleepover
- Jonathan London
Frogs and Friends (board book)
- Joanne Barkan
Frosty the Snowman
- Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins
Fun with Peter Rabbit, lift the flap book
$8

G.

Garden of Shapes (board book)
Goldilocks and the three Bears (board book)
- Candice Ransom
Go Diego Go, Antarctic Adventure
- Sarah Albee
Goodnight Thumper (board book)
Grover's 10 terrific ways to help our wonderful World
- Anna Ross

H.

Halloween Jack (board book)
Happy Easter, Curious George
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Happy Easter, Little Critter
- Mercer Mayer
Helping-out Day? Hooray!
- Suzy Spafford
Here comes T Rex Cottontail
- Lois G. Grambling
$8
Houseful of Pets (board book)
How do dinosaurs say good Night
- Jane Yolen
How to be a Ham-star
- Frances Ann Ladd
Hurry Santa
- Julie Sykes

I.

I am the Turkey
- Michelle Spirn
I like Pumpkins
- Jerry Smath
I was so Mad
- Mercer Mayer
I will always love You
- illustrated by Trace Moroney
I'm Sorry
- Moira Butterfield
If you give a pig a Party
- Laura Numeroff
Imagine That
- Sam McKendry
In a dark, dark room and other scary Stories
- retold By Alvin Schwartz
$8
It's check-up Time, Elmo
- Sarah Albee
It's Earth Day
- Mercer Mayer
It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Charles M. Schulz

J.

Just for Mommy (board book)
Just go to Bed
- Mercer Mayer
Just going to the Dentist
- Mercer Mayer

K.

Kindergarten Kids
- Ellen B. Senici

L.

Ladybug's Birthday
- Steve Metzger
Let it Snow
- Maryann Cocca-Leffler
Little Bear
- Else Holmelund Minarik
$8
Little Critters
The night before Christmas
- Mercer Mayer
Love you Forever
- Robert Munsch
$8
Lullaby Moon
- Rosie Reeve
Lulu goes to witch School
- Jane O'Connor
$8

M.

Madeline's Christmas
- Ludwig Bemelmans
Marley and the runaway Pumpkin
- John Grogan
Marley's big Adventure
- John Grogan
Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia - Peggy Parish
Merry Christmas Curious George
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Clubhouse Christmas (board book)
Miss Bindergarten celebrates the last day of Kindergarten
- Joseph Slate
Miss Bindergarten gets ready for Kindergarten
- Joseph Slate
Miss Bindergarten stays home from Kindergarten
- Joseph Slate
Mother Goose (board book and read-along CD
$8
Mother's Day Surprise
- Stephen Krensky
Mrs. McNosh hangs up her Wash
- Sarah Weeks
Munch munch, Peter Rabbit
(board book)
My little Kitten with a kitten charm necklace
- Susan Nicholson
My little Puppy with a puppy charm necklace
- Susan Nicholson
My very first Winnie the Pooh
Roo's Messy Room
- Betty Birney

N.

Neigh (board  book)
Nice Catch
- Dian Curtis Regan (board book)
No more monsters for Me
- Peggy Parish
$8

O.

Off to Kindergarten
- Tony Johnson
Oh, what a Thanksgiving
- Steven Kroll
On the way to Kindergarten
- Virginia Kroll
One sneaky sheep, the sheep who didn't want to get Sheared (board book)
- illustrated by Janet Samuel

P.

Penguins, penguins, Everywhere!
- Bob Barner
Piglet and the Balloon (board book)
Pooh's Graduation
- Isabel Gaines
Puppy Love
- Louise Rupnik

R.

Raindrop Plop
- Wendy Cheyette Lewisson
Read aloud, Disney, Pixar, Cars
- Lisa Marsoli
$10
Red or blue, I like You
- Sarah Albee
Rise and shine musical alarm Clock (board book)
Rosita's Easter on Sesame Street
- P.J. Shaw
Rugrats, picture perfect with Tommy
- Sarah Willson

S.

Scat, Cat
- Alyssa Satin Capucilli
Scooby-doo holiday Hoax
- Gail Herman
Scooby-doo vanishing Apples
- Gail Herman
Sesame Street,
A perfect Picnic
- Sarah Albee
Sesame Street, Count to 10
- Emily Thompson
Shhh!
- Julie Sykes
Snow White and the seven Dwarfs (board book and CD)
Snowball Soup
- Mercer Mayer
Snowy winter Day
- Estelle Feldman
Soft to touch, little monkey and Friends (board book)
Soft to touch little penguin and Friends (board book)
SpongeBob Squarepants and the winner Is...
- Jenny Miglis
$8
SpongeBob Squarepants class Confusion
- Sarah Willson
$8
SpongeBob Squarepants ice cream Dreams
- Nancy Krulik
SpongeBob Squarepants, lost in time, a medieval Adventure
- Steven Banks
$8
SpongeBob's Easter Parade
- Steven Banks
$8
SpongeBob's secret Valentine
- David Lewman
Strawberry Shortcake, the Halloween Play
- Eva Mason

T.

Teach us, Amelia Bedelia
- Peggy Parish
$8
Ten fat Turkeys
- Tony Johnston
Ten in the Bed, sing a story (board book) and CD
Ten timid Ghosts
- Jennifer O'Connell
Ten tiny Tadpoles
- Debbie Tarbett
The Backyardigans, The Polka Palace Party, An Adventure in Teamwork
- Erica David
The Backyardigans The Secret Agent
- Wendy Wax
The Berenstain Bears all Aboard
- Jan and Mike Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and baby makes Five
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and the bad Habit
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and the bad Influence
- Stan and Jan Berenstain with Mike Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the big Question
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the blame Game
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and the double Dare
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and the excuse Note
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and the golden Rule
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the In-crowd
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the joy of Giving
- Jan and Mike Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the Mama's Day Surprise
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the real Easter Eggs
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and the trouble with Friends
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and the Truth
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears and too much Birthday
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and too much junk Food
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears and too much TV
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears give Thanks
- Jan and Mike Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears go on a ghost Walk
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears go out to Eat
- Jan and Mike Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears go to School
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears learn about Strangers
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears meet Santa Bear
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears new Neighbors
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears ride the Thunderbolt
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears think of those in Need
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The Berenstain Bears trick or Treat
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
The Berenstain Bears trouble with Money
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The best Easter eggs Ever
- Jerry Smath
The best teacher Ever
- Mercer Mayer
The big wide mouthed Frog
- Ana Martin Larranaga
The biggest, best Snowman
- Margery Cuyler
The biggest Easter basket Ever
- Steven Kroll
The biggest pumpkin Ever
- Steven Kroll
The biggest snowball Ever
- John Rogan
The biggest snowman Ever
- Steven Kroll
The biggest Valentine Ever
- Steven Kroll
The birds, the bees and the Berenstain Bears
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
$8
The bumpy little Pumpkin
- Margery Cuyler
The Case of the disappearing Acorns (board book)
The cow that went Oink
- Bernard Most
The crayon box that Talked
- Shane DeRolf
The crunching munching Caterpillar
- Sheridan Cain
The fall Festival
- Mercer Mayer
The first Christmas
- Gaby Goldsack
The fox and the springtime Blossoms
- Julia Rawlinson
The gingerbread Man
- retold by Jim Aylesworth
The giving Tree
- Shel Silverstein
$10
The great turkey Race
- Steve Metzger
The Halloween Play
- Felicia Bond
The haunted ghoul Bus
- Lisa Trumbauer
The kissing Hand
- Audrey Penn
The little old lady who was not afraid of Anything
- Linda Williams
The littlest Christmas Star
- Brandi Dougherty
The night before Christmas
- Clement Clarke
The night before Easter
- Natasha Wing
The night before Halloween
- Natasha Wing
The night before Kindergarten
- Natasha Wing
The night before Mother's Day
- Natasha Wing
The night before New Year's
- Natasha Wing
The night before summer Camp
- Natasha Wing
The night before summer Vacation
- Natasha Wing
The night before Thanksgiving
- Natasha Wing
The night before the night before Christmas
- Natasha Wing
The night before the tooth Fairy
- Natasha Wing
The night before Valentine's Day
- Natasha Wing
The prayer for Jabez, Jabez for little Ones (board book)
- Bruce Talkington
The princess and the Pea
- Hans Christian Andersen
The story of Peter Rabbit (board book)
- Beatrix Potter
$10
The teeny weeny Tadpole
- Sheridan Cain
The three little Pigs (board book)
- illustrated by Horacio Elena
The tiny Seed
- Eric Carle
$8
The twelve days of Christmas (board book) includes audio CD
The very greedy Bee
- Steve Smallman
Three little Kittens (board book)
- illustrated by Tanya Lynch
Tiptoe into Kindergarten
- Jacqueline Rogers
Touch and feel Easter Bunny
- Holly Russell (board book)
Transformers Bumblebee Rumble (board book)
Try counting Sheep (board book)
- Joanne Partis
Turkey Day
- Grace Maccarone
Twelve days of Christmas
- illustrated by Gill Guille

V.

Valentine Mice
- Bethany Roberts

W.

Wake up little Ones (board book)
- Melanie Mitchell
Walt Disney's Bambi (board book)
$10
Walt Disney's Peter Pan (board book)
$10
Water
- Susan Canizares
We're going on a book Hunt
- Pat Miller
What do you Like?
- Monica Wellington
What makes you Giggle
- P.J. Shaw
When will it be Spring?
- Catherine Walters
Where's Dave (board book)
Where's Santa (board book)
- Joseph R. Ritchie
Who took the cookie from the cookie Jar?
- illustrated by Viviana Garofol
Who will go to kindergarten Today
- Karl Ruhmann
Who will haunt my house on Halloween
- Jerry Pallotta
Winter Wonderland
- Dick Smith
Witch and Wizard (board book)

Z.

Zoe's first book of Seasons (board book)
Zoo's Who
- Robert Tanish