[blparent] troubled parent

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Thu Mar 24 16:01:26 UTC 2011

What child isn't afraid to be spanked?  Spanking may be one tool in a
toolbox to use, but if all you have is a hammer, you can't build a house.
Spanking might work if there's a clear rules, and he has willfully and with
forethought broken it.  But spanking a kid for not sitting still or talking
out of turn, which he possibly can't help doing, will only make him scared
and angry, at least in my opinion.  Again, you're the mom.  Even if you live
with your parents, unless he is doing something that directly destroys their
property or endangers them physically, I don't think they have the right to
overrule you on your parental decisions.  It's easier said than
done--there's no way on earth I could live with my parents and raise my
child, and I know that.

Jo Elizabeth

"Some people see things as they are and ask why.  I dream things that never
were and ask why not."--Robert F. Kennedy