[blparent] blparent Digest, Vol 84, Issue 3

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:38:42 UTC 2011

Hi, everyone.

I'll let Lisa-Maria and Ronit and those of you with newer babies know
what happens as I learn more about strollers and public
transportation. Wearing my baby when she was smaller was a lot of fun
and I did that all the time. I still have my carriers (yes, I worked
with several), and now that she's 18 months old, she wants to walk or
run part of the way if we go short distances. We have a park a few
blocks from our house that she and I walk to, with her in a child's
harness. After she runs, climbs, swings in the baby swing and goes
down the slide for a while, she doesn't have the energy to walk back.
So I actually still use my Moby Wrap and pick her up in that to wear
her home. I also have a backpack she can sit in, which I love. There
are several good backpacks that have seats that a child who's able to
sit up can be comfortable in. I hope to get as much use out of the
carriers as I can without exhausting myself or damaging my back.
That's why I went ahead and got the stroller so that wearing my lovely
toddler wouldn't wear me out!

I find that information for blind parents on how to choose carriers
and strollers is really scattered and I felt a little overwhelmed.
Maybe it really is just all about trying different solutions and
getting tips.

Jen