[blparent] school

jill jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Thu May 19 18:35:37 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have a question related to school transportation.  How do you all get your
children to school?  My oldest rides a bus since we are more than 2 miles
from his middle school.  I have to pay someone to take Lucas my
kindergartener because we are under the 2 mile rule here.  I have read the
state policy re the 2 mile rule and it doesn't seem to be an exception which
includes our situation.  Both I and my husband are blind/ visually impaired
and don't drive, the rule would pick up our son Lucas if he was disabled,
but not since we are unable to drive him to school.  I am not happy with his
ride to school because she is constantly late and I don't know anyone else
who has children who attend his school.  Just wondering what you all do in
the area of school transportation. Also if you have any suggestions as how
to tackle this problem with the school board.

Jill