[blparent] school transportation

Scott and Tiana Sanders ssanders4235 at charter.net
Sun May 22 03:01:32 UTC 2011

I will be dealing with a similar issue next year with my son Blake.  We are the 13th house from the end of the road and the bus only stops at the end of the road which is a busy street.  I just can't see myself trusting a 5 year old boy not to play and accidentlally on purpose step out into the busy street.  I work and will not be able to walk him down there and wait for the bus.  I use a paratransit bus to get to work and currently take him to daycare on that bus.  I am seriously considering getting him a subscription as well so he can be picked up with me in front of the house.  With a subscription, there is a set pick up time each morning and/or evening and  it is rare that I don't get to work on time.  A $40 monthly pass wil probably be worth my piece of mind and he can ride the bus home or to extended daycare as well.

Another option for locating a driver if you are absolutely sure the Dial A Ride bus is not an option is to post something at local churches.  There are always retirees or others who look for ways to help those in the community.  You are in a tough spot and I would be pulling my hair out already.  I'm glad you have the tenacity to keep pursuing what is best for you and your child.  Good luck.

Tiana