[blparent] Michael's walking

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Wed May 25 20:49:31 UTC 2011

I'm beginning to realize that.  Yesterday, Michael and I took our first walk
outside. We went to the corner of our block and back and Michael was holding
my hand while I was using my cane.  He stayed next to me the whole time and
didn't even pay attention to my cane.  Normally, he likes to spin the
rolling ball tip and pull on the loop up at the top that's elastic.  I use
one of those folding canes from Ambutek with the big rolling ball tip.  I do
have a question.  What do you do if you have to follow the left side and
there's a curb there?  I'm afraid of dragging him off the sidewalk.  Do you
just switch him to your right side?  Anyone, feel free to chime in on this
answer.
Leslie