[blparent] Beware those sharp little eyes!

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 22:02:22 UTC 2011

Thanks for the warning, I should have given it to you guys only before this
happened!!  My older kids have seen presents before it was time when I
forgot they were in a closet and opened a door or in a drawer or under
something ... those little eyes are quick!!!  Once when it was my older
son's bday he went into my bedroom and I didn't know it and before I found
him he'd gotten all of his wrapped bday presents out and unwrapped them,
sneaky little farts that they are, lol!!

As far as the whole sneaking things in because you're blind or married or
whatever, I see both sides of it and there are different situations for
everyone.  I'm sure my parents shopped for me while I was with them because
I'm blind, I know my daughter still does it because sometimes she won't let
me feel in the cart.  Does it bother me??  Heck no because I'd do the same
thing.  My middle child isn't very observant and a lot of times I buy his
presents with him right there and he never notices.  My lo is too little to
remember so I buy his presents with him there as well.  Blind or little or
non-observant, I think all of us have to do what we can to get sooooo many
things done at once and especially with blind parents while we have the
sighted assistance to help.