[blparent] at the park today

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sat Oct 1 01:28:20 UTC 2011

So Gab and I went to the park today and I met one of gab's new friends from
school.  Although not a new boy to the neighborhood, a new one to public
school.  G and I walked up holding a basket ball and he came with his dog,
just happened upon him and his younger brother. I introduced myself and he
put his hand in mine and shook it.  so I thought he knew about blindness.
He was talking to Gab and his brother and cousin and I asked who they were,
as he had just said, "they,"
Of course I can't see him, but his voice trailed away for a moment so I knew
he must have been pointing at them as he said, "my brother is the one in the
blue shirt and my cousin is wearing the big orange fish shirt."  I smiled
politely and thought, a lesson for another time.
Well anyway, he and Gab went off to play on the equipment while I enjoyed
sitting in the cool grass with Dorian's dog.  When Gab came back she told
me, this,
Doriean's brother asked Dorian where their dog was and Dorian pointed at me
and said, I left him by the basket ball court."  Gab said the little brother
said in alarm, "by himself? And the cousin replied, no he's with that deaf
lady."
Gab said, "mommy, I had to set them straight."
Too funny.