[blparent] breathable crib bumpers keep falling

Chad Allen chad at chadallenmagic.com
Wed Oct 19 16:31:07 UTC 2011

I never used crib bumpers myself. We discussed the pros and cons of them and
ultimately decided that they were not worth the risk vs. benefit. I know
they are common and that many people use them but according to the JPMA,
crib bumpers are a hazard.

First, the child can get their head caught between them and the crib. There
are incidents on record of this happening. Also, the child can use them as a
stepping stool to escape the safety of the crib. Falling out of the crib is
far more dangerous than the occasional bump they may receive from hitting
the side of the crib.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Chad