[blparent] co-sleeping with toddler

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:44:18 UTC 2011

Unfortunately, that's what I used to be able to do but he recognizes the
pattern and gets extra energetic when I enter his room even if he's been
getting very drowsy.  He knows that if he falls asleep he will get put in
his crib so that's what he's fighting.  Tonight I plan on putting our
mattress on the floor so I can hopefully nurse him to sleep in our bed and
get up quietly and get a few things done once he's out.  Our room is safe
for him so if he gets up and roams I'm not worried about it and I'll just
nurse him again.  Now let's hope that he doesn't wake enough nights in a row
after I've gotten up to where he's fighting falling asleep all together.
It's amazing how different these little guys can be about things like sleep
and eating once they become toddlers compared to when they were infants.  I
have to admit that it is cool to see how sharp Dawson is and perceptive
about every little detail in his routine each day.

Erin