[blparent] Halloween

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Fri Oct 28 19:45:28 UTC 2011

Tomorrow night, Dad will carve a pumpkin with Stephen and Sarah.  I think
they'll be carving a Dora the Explorer pumpkin this year, by Sarah's choice.
Speaking of pumpkin carving, in case someone didn't know, lightly smearing
petroleum jelly on the cut places will significantly extend the life of your
pumpkins.  Does anybody have a good recipe for roasting the seeds?  I'd like
to try that this year.

Everybody gets to dress up at our church for Halloween this year.  Sarah's
going to be a white tiger cub.  I found the most adorable costume on
clearance for her.  I wasn't going to dress up, but one of the kids at
church talked me into it.  Her dad has a cow costume that will probably fit
me, so guess who's going as a cow?  Just peachy, right?  But it's for the
kids, so what the heck!  Moo!

On Monday morning, Sarah's Nanna and I will be going with her to a fall
festival at her preschool.  Nanna's coming along to take pictures.

Monday evening, a family friend is going to take Sarah trick-or-treating,
and her dad might take her some as well, depending on how cold it is,
because he doesn't get off work till seven o'clock.  I don't feel
comfortable taking Sarah by myself because I don't know which houses have
lights on and which don't.  Besides, I guess I'll stay home and pass out
candy.  I don't feel too comfortable opening the door to strangers, either,
but again, what the heck, it's for the kids.

So we've got a busy schedule this year.  It's fun because Sarah's old enough
to really enjoy it.