[blparent] Stomach flu

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:33:30 UTC 2011

Michael,

I'm not disagreeing with you. That's very interesting and something to
keep in mind. But I was told by my nutritionist that if I usually drink
water during exercise, I should stick with water. If you don't train
with a product like Gatorade or something else, it won't work the way
you think it should.

I know once the body loses to many electrolytes, it can go into shock
and possibly ketoacidosis, which is usually associated with diabetes,
but it can happen to those without diabetes. Stages of dehydration are
our bodies way of communicating a need. If you feel thirsty, it means
you're dehydrated. Once you lose to many electrolytes, though, water
doesn't have the necessary properties to replenish those lost
electrolytes.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: