[blparent] fun firsts for Dawson!

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 05:39:44 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I wanted to share some exciting firsts that my ten month old son Dawson had
today!  My husband and I took him to Colossal Caves here in AZ which were
really cool and very blind friendly for maneuverability.  Dawson absolutely
loved seeing all the different rock formations, hearing the different sound
changes throughout the cave and watching the people's reactions around him.
In addition to the cave some other firsts for Dawson included his very first
wagon ride and introduction to horses and a mule.  He didn't know what to
think of the mule who scared him when she came right up to him and started
to talk to him in her loud mule talk. SMILING  Dawson was quick to calm
though, and he began laughing while waving his arms and kicking his legs as
he watched the animals walk around the stable area.  One of the employees
had her 18th month old son up on top of a mule which Dawson found intriguing
and let me tell you this kid was a little pro.  Of course mom was right
there to make sure he was safe, but it was fascinating to see such a young
child so comfortable and natural on a large animal.  It made me really wish
I had horses myself to have Dawson begin riding on, but we plan on getting
him lessons as soon as we can.

Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend!

Erin