[blparent] Educational tools/toys

January Lifebook januaryslifebook at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:43:43 UTC 2011

Melissa beat me to it.  I also sell Discovery Toys.  I can tell you without
a doubt that many of the Discovery Toys can be adapted for a blind parent.
These toys are exactly what you asked for: toys that are child-powered, not
battery powered.  They are nice classic toys!  If you haven't already, check
out her website!
Besides the ones that she mentioned, I'd like to add the Measure Up stacking
cups.  Each cup is numbered and the bottom of the cup has raised dots in the
bottom.  12 has 12 dots, 4 has 4 dats... If you fill the number 3 cup and
the number 5 cup with beans or rice, they will fill the number 8 cups
perfectly.  They are stacked in a 4 color pattern and they can be easily
labled with braille.

January