[blparent] tracking toddler by sound

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:11:31 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Now that Dawson is quickly crawling all over the place I want to encourage
him to be exploratory while keeping track of him, especially when we're at
play groups.  I'd love to hear your ideas of what worked for your kids.  I'm
thinking of getting a toddler harness and attaching some bells onto it that
have a light but noticeable sound.  I've also considered getting one of
those key finder things and tracking him that way by hitting a little
remote.  Whatever I use I want to make sure that it's not frustrating for
Dawson to wear and durable enough to where he can't get the sound piece off.
Bells on shoes have been a lifelong tradition that I think would work better
on kids a little older than a year because at Dawson's age he still thinks
the shoes are toys and keeps taking them off.  I do have some shoes with
squeakers that will work nicely when he's older and walking.

Thanks,

Erin